dproto is a plugin for metamod that allows p.47 and 48 no-steam clients to join the hlds-based server.
CURRENT VERSION: 0.4.7
For more information and updates please check http://csbox.org
bin directory - Binaries (libraries) for linux and windows.
src directory - Source code. You need this only if you want to build dproto by youself.
amxx directory - some AmxModX plugins that uses dproto functionality
dproto.cfg - dproto configuration file.
Readme.txt - This file.
- clean (unpatched) engine files (swds.dll for windows; engine_i686.so for linux)
- metamod 1.19 or 1.19p32
- currently supported builds are all p48 engines for windows and linux
1. Go to /addons/ and make new directory named dproto
- it is a game directory; cstrike for Counter-Strike, valve for Half-Life, etc
2. Copy dproto.dll or dproto_i386.so to /addons/dproto/
3. Go to metamod installation directory (usually its /addons/metamod/) and edit plugins.ini:
add this line for windows
or this for linux
at the beginning of the file
4. Copy dproto.cfg to server root or gamedir.
5. Start the server. You should use this command on linux:
./hlds_run -binary ./hlds_i686
when server loads, type "meta list" in console. You'll see something like this:
Currently loaded plugins:
description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] dproto RUN - dproto_i386.so v0.4.7 ini Start Never
[ 2] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm_i386. v18.104.22.168 ini Start ANY
2 plugins, 2 running
7. Installation of AmxModX plugins from amxx directory is not necessary.
HOW TO CHANGE STEAMIDS OF CLIENTS
Use cid* options in AUTHID MANAGEMENT section of dproto.cfg
For example, if you want to assign steamids generated by IP for p47 clients that not support unique id generation, you should set:
cid_NoSteam47 = 3 for assigning STEAM_x:y:z steamid to these clients
cid_NoSteam47 = 4 for assigning VALVE_x:y:z steamid to these clients
If you want to drop these clients, just set clientid to 5:
cid_NoSteam47 = 5
And all p47 clients without emulators will be dropped with message that you can customize (see next section).
HOW TO CHANGE REJECT MESSAGES WHEN CLIENTID IS 5 (DEPRECATED)
This could be done using these cvars:
dp_rejmsg_steam for legit steam (cid_Steam) clients;
dp_rejmsg_nosteam47 for no-steam p47 (cid_NoSteam47) clients;
dp_rejmsg_nosteam48 for no-steam p48 (cid_NoSteam48) clients;
dp_rejmsg_hltv for HLTV (cid_HLTV) clients;
dp_rejmsg_pending for unathorized (cid_cid_SteamPending) clients.
Just put message to them and it will be displayed for rejected clients.
Example, a part of server.cfg:
dp_rejmsg_nosteam47 "Sorry, you're using old client, download a new one and come back ;)"